What are the legal ramifications of a Studio City car accident? It depends on the liable party. “Liable party” refers to the driver and any other parties at fault for causing the car accident. Legal ramifications for a car accident in Studio City range from a traffic citation to criminal charges or a civil lawsuit. Anyone injured in a lawsuit has the right to sue the wrongful party for damages.
You or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Studio City that wasn’t your fault. Maybe you weren’t injured, but sustained property damage. You have the right to sue for damages related to the car accident. Let us help you get the money you need to avoid the consequences of the car accident.
Studio City Car Accident Damages
Money is awarded or given in a settlement based on economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are things that can be calculated. For instance, a driver can provide an estimate or bill regarding for the cost to repair their car. Non-economic damages can’t be calculated because there are no bills.
The damages a person can obtain from a car accident include:
• Medical bills: Medical bills are economic damages because they can be calculated. Medical bills related to the car accident are covered. This includes future medical treatment for car accident injuries.
• Property damage: Property damage includes items like the person’s vehicle and items inside the vehicle at the time of the crash. Property damage is also considered economic damages.
• Pain and suffering: Physical pain caused by the car accident is considered non-economic. The pain can’t be calculated based on a bill.
• Lost wages and lost earning capacity: Both lost earning capacity and lost wages are economic damages. A person can receive money for time missed from work or inability to work because of the car accident.
We help people throughout California recover these car accident damages. Contact us immediately for help with your car accident damages. We’ll work hard to secure you the best settlement or jury verdict we can get.
What to Do after a Studio City Car Accident
Immediately after an accident, a driver has to do things to avoid legal ramifications. For instance, a driver must stay at the scene of the crime and file a police report. Other things a driver must do after an accident must be done to protect themselves from getting a less than fair settlement or jury verdict. The things that must be done to protect their money award involve:
• Seeking medical attention. It doesn’t matter if injuries are evident or minor. Some injuries develop after the car crash. A person seek medical attention to determine if they’ve been injured and the severity of the injuries.
• Keep track of all medical treatment receive. Tracking all medical treatment and logging injury updates will help determine medical damages related to the car accident.
• Take photographs of all injuries and property damage. These pictures will be a big help later in determining damages.
• Avoid telling insurance companies detailed information. They will try to use the information later to give you an unfair settlement or avoid paying.
• Hire a Lawyer
Why Hire a Lawyer?
A car accident seems easy at first. A driver caused a car accident. They must pay the injured party. Unfortunately, nothing ever goes as it should with car accidents. The at-fault party may not want to pay. The injured party may hurt their claim by saying too much. The driver who caused the accident may not be at fault. These are just some reasons why an injured person should hire a car accident lawyer. Other reasons include:
• Talking with hospital and debt collectors on their client’s behalf. Collectors aren’t paid to wait for an injured person to receive a settlement. This can become frustrating for anyone injured in a car accident. A lawyer will deal with those debt collectors for their client.
• Negotiate a settlement. A client may not want to go to court. They may want to settle. What’s a fair settlement? Remember there are economic and non-economic damages. A lawyer will determine and fight for a fair settlement for their client.
• Calculate future medical expenses and other car accident-related expenses. The at-fault party will calculate future expenses, but they may not cover actual future damages. A lawyer will calculate future damages that will cover all costs.
Contact Us about Your Studio City Car Accident
California has a statute of limitations on filing a car accident lawsuit. You have two years from the day the car accident occurred to file the claim. If you don’t, you lose the right to sue. It doesn’t matter if you were negotiating a settlement with the party at fault for the accident or not. It’s two years. Contact us immediately for help with your car accident claim. We’ll work quickly to obtain a fair settlement or obtain a jury verdict in your favor.
You’ve sustained property damage. You’ve been hurt in a car accident. The accident wasn’t your fault. Contact us. We’ll start working immediately on your car accident claim.