After a Pomona car accident, it’s vital to exchange information with the other driver and file a police report. Most people know to also take names of witnesses, take photos of accident scene and injuries and seek medical attention. What many people don’t know are the additional steps to take after a car accident in Pomona like:
• Keep track of all medical treatment, injury progress and doctor’s visits
• Get property damage valuation
• Be cautious when discussing the car accident with the other party or their lawyer or insurance company. They will try to get out of paying the injured person by using their words against them.
• Be suspect of any early settlements. Immediately after a car accident, there’s no way of knowing future damages and other expenses. Taking an early settlement may leave the injured individual with a lot of debt.
• Hire a lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Pomona, contact us immediately for help. Whether you’ve experienced a fender bender or major accident with injuries, contact us. You may think an insurance company will offer you a fair settlement. It won’t. You may think the driver who caused the accident has enough insurance to cover your damages. They may not. We’ll help you get the money you deserve.
How a Pomona Car Accident Lawyer can Help You
The aftermath of a car accident is complex because the innocent party must deal with a lot of people. They have to deal with their car insurance company and the at-fault driver’s insurance company. The driver may hire a lawyer or debt collectors may want their money yesterday. Hiring a car accident lawyer will ease the burdens that come along with being the victim of a car accident. Some ways a lawyer can help are:
• Negotiate a settlement with an insurance company. The at-fault driver’s insurance company hopes the innocent party in the crash will accept an early settlement. It’s easier for them and protects their profit margin. A lawyer knows this and won’t let the insurance company get away with giving a less than fair settlement.
• Calculate future accident and medical-related expenses. It’s easy to get a car repair estimate or show medical bills. What about the future doctor’s visits and time off from work to seek medical treatment? The at-fault party won’t calculate the right amount. A car accident lawyer will.
• Work with debt collectors. Many people know that debt collectors want their money yesterday. They don’t care about waiting for a trial or settlement conference. A lawyer will deal with them so their client doesn’t have to do so.
• Work within the California statute of limitations. In California, a person has two years from the date of the accident to sue for damages. A lawyer will work to settle or go to trial before a client loses their right to sue.
An at-fault driver or their insurance company may try to slow down the process to prevent you from recovery damages. They may even try to claim you were liable for the accident just to get out of paying you. Liability comes down to who was responsible for the car accident. Let us work for you. We know the tricks and games at-fault parties to avoid paying for a car accident. We won’t let that happen to you. Contact us today.
Legal Ramifications of a Car Accident
Consequences of a car accident go far beyond car damage. The legal ramifications of an accident include:
• Traffic citation for causing the accident
• Criminal charges if a California law was broken before or during the car accident
• Civil lawsuit for the victim of the car accident. Collectors may sue for unpaid debts such as medical bills and other accident-related expenses if they aren’t paid.
• Civil lawsuit for the person who caused the accident. The driver or passenger injured has the right to sue for damages.
Pomona Car Accident Damages Available
Being in a car accident in Pomona can cause many financial hardships such as car repairs and medical bills. Anyone involved in a car accident that wasn’t their fault, can receive damages, or money, to cover their debt. Available damages include:
• Medical bills: Any medical treatment received because of the accident is cover. This includes past, current and future doctor visits, physical therapy sessions and medical procedures.
• Property damage: A person can receive payment for their damaged vehicle and any contents inside the vehicle at the time of the crash.
• Pain and suffering: A car accident can have devastating, long-term damage on a person’s physical health. Any physical pain or chronic pain may be covered.
• Lost wages: Any hours spent away from work because of the car accident will be covered. If a person suffers a devastating injury that decreases their earning capacity, it will be covered too.
Why You Should Hire Us
We are here to help you obtain the money needed to repair property or recover from your physical injuries. We’ll protect your legal rights. Contact us immediately so we can start working on your claim.