Legal ramifications for a Hollywood car accident depends on who is liable, or at-fault, for the accident. A party at fault for the accident may face criminal charges. The charges can vary from minor to serious such as leaving the scene of an accident or vehicular homicide. The at-fault party may face a citation for not following Hollywood traffic rules such as not yielding. The at-fault driver can also face a lawsuit from all injured parties.
Were you or a loved one injured in a car accident in Hollywood? You have the right to seek damages related to your car accident. Seek legal representation to obtain damages from the party at fault for your car accident. Contact us for help with your car accident claim.
Damages Available in a Car Accident in Hollywood
The term “damages” is a fancy legal term for money or compensation. Whether a person was involved in a simple or serious Hollywood car accident, the available damages are the same. Possible damages a plaintiff, or person suing the at-fault party, may receive are:
• Property damage: Property damage ranges from car repairs to replacing a damaged vehicle and replacing all personal property in the car.
• Medical bills: Medical bills are any bill a person receives for the medical treatment obtained because of the car accident. This includes office visits, emergency room visits and any physical therapy. The bills can be current, past or future medical expenses, but they must all be related to the car accident.
• Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering can’t be calculated. That’s why they’re called non-economic damages. A person injured in a Hollywood car accident can seek pain and suffering for any physical and/or long-term damaged suffered because of the accident.
• Lost wages: Lost wages include any time away from work because of the car accident.
How a Car Accident Lawyer can Help You Get the Damages You Deserve
A car accident is complicated. It doesn’t matter if it the accident was a simple fender bender or total collision. Determining fault is just as complex. That’s why it’s helpful to have legal representation. For instance, a lawyer will review the accident and figure out who was actually at fault. In some accident cases, the at-fault driver isn’t the only party that can be sued. A car manufacturer or at-fault driver can be sued if they were liable.
A car accident lawyer will also investigate the accident to determine if there were any contributing factors. Contributing factors may not directly cause the car accident, but they help. In addition to doing these things, a lawyer will also:
• Deal with an insurance company adjuster. Any information a driver provides to the at-fault driver’s insurance company will be used against them to help invalidate or minimize a claim. A lawyer knows how to answer their questions and provide information that won’t hurt the insurance claim.
• Calculate Future Accident-Related Expenses and Medical Costs. Future costs aren’t known at the time of settlement or jury verdict. Unfortunately, this can lead to a car accident victim having to pay the remaining bills on their own. A lawyer will calculate an estimate regarding medical cost and car accident-related expenses. The estimate generally covers all the future expenses.
• Negotiate with an Insurance Company. An insurance company is only interested in minimizing the amount it must pay in a claim to protect their profit margin. Often, an insurance company will offer a serious of low settlement offers. The offers typically won’t cover the injured person’s injuries or property damage. It will protect their profit margin. A lawyer know how to get their client fair and accurate settlement.
Contact us about your Hollywood car accident. You were driving to get to your destination, not to get injured. Now you have additional expenses like medical bills and property damage. You should pay for that cost along. We will help you get the money you deserve to cover your damages.
Things to do After a Car Accident
An individual involved in a car accident in Hollywood must do a lot of things to afterwards. These things include staying at the scene of an accident, exchanging information, taking witness names and seeking medical treatment. Other things a person needs to do after a car accident include:
• Keep track of their medical treatment. This record will be used to calculate economic and non-economic damages.
• Be careful when talking to the other party about the accident. Too much information can hurt a person’s claim.
• Resist accepting early settlement offers. Anyone who accepts a settlement offer gives up the right to any future lawsuits. Most of the time, early settlement offers won’t cover all damages
• Hire a lawyer
Contact us regarding your car accident claim. You were injured because of someone else. Your vehicle was damaged because of someone’s negligence. You don’t have to resolve your car accident claim alone. We’re on your side. We’re ready to fight to get you the money to cover your damages. Contact us immediately.