April 12, 2017
April 11, 2017
April 10, 2017
April 8, 2017
Trade shows have become an international sensation with the general public and many years of research explain why. In case you’re in the dark about what a trade show is, here’s one of the briefest definitions possible: An exhibition where businesses in a specific industry promote their products. Businesses should never shy away from the possibility of putting their products in a trade show. It’s a massive opportunity to build a memorable experience for existing and potential customers that will affect their buying habits for possibly years to come.
The biggest factor that causes companies to shy away from a trade show is the often hefty price tag associated with them. It’s unfortunate that businesses only look at this factor because on the other side of the scenario is a vast sea of opportunity that businesses deny themselves if they skip creating that expensive trade show display. Trade shows are far too lucrative in their outcomes for businesses to skip them.
Over the past few years, attendance numbers at trade shows have skyrocketed and are the best argument for creating a trade show display for a popular trade show in your industry. The Customer Electronics Show (CES) had over 112,000 attendees in 2016, IMTS had over 115,000, and the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market show had over 88,000 attendees. Take into consideration that 81% of attendees have the authority to buy products at those shows and you have a massive buying audience right off the bat who are eager and willing to try out every product you have on display.
The attendees of these shows spend over EIGHT hours perusing products at display booths. Imagine an audience that is not just willing but absolutely thrilled to hear your companies pitch at your trade display and then ask yourself why you wouldn’t want to be a part of a massive event like this that will not only sell products for you during the show but will inspire your potential customers to learn more about your company, your staff, and your other products. It’s an amazing opportunity that almost no company that can afford to participate in a trade show should pass up for themselves.
Benefits of trade shows include but aren’t limited to:
– Massive exposure for your products and companies to people who are there to have fun, learn about your industry, and in some cases even buy your products right away
– Networking opportunities that give you the ability to interact not just with your customers but your fellow businesses
– Research opportunities in the form of checking out the competition in your industry so that you can gain insight into what has worked for them and what hasn’t
– The opportunity to have fun with your existing and potential customers and get to know them in a more personal, profitable way
– Brand building opportunities at a trade show exist like no other, with the ability to create an engaging display that will remain memorable to your existing and potential customers for years to come
These few benefits are just the tip of the iceberg. The massive exposure that you receive with a properly constructed and operated trade show display far outweigh the costs of an exhibit. The impact you can make at a trade show, in front of thousands and thousands of consumers, is beyond anything else in the marketing world today. It’s your chance to make your best impression on the very customers who are going to fuel your business for years to come. Not only that, but it’s a great team building exercise for your company as they bring your trade show display to life.